“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well”
We want TBC to be a safe place where all people can explore what it means to love and be loved by God, to meet others and have a sense of belonging. If you have additional needs, or know someone who has, we have a number of groups that will give a warm welcome and help you to feel at home here.
At TBC we want everyone to feel welcome and comfortable. If mobility is difficult for you, you’ll find designated parking outside our door, our main worship room is on the ground floor, and the building is wheelchair accessible. Full information can be found on our accessibility page.
Aslan & Aslan Adults
Open to all
Our Sunday morning kids’ programme includes ‘Aslan’ – an option for children who attend special schools. This runs on the first and third Sundays of each month. ‘Aslan Adults’ is is not currently running, but we hope to restart it soon as an alternative morning gathering for adults with additional needs. Aslan has a website where you can find out more about the 3-year programme we follow.
North Tonbridge Prospects
Currently meeting online
Open to all
North Tonbridge Prospects is a local group for adults with learning disabilities offering a warm and friendly place to learn more about Jesus and His love for everyone. Prospects is affiliated to Livability, a national charity promoting inclusion for people with disability. Meeting twice a month, there are also occasional special events and meet ups with other groups in the South East.
DisAbility Social Clubs
Open to all
The clubs provide an opportunity to meet and socialise in warm friendly surroundings and enjoy a range of shared activities which include indoor games, visiting speakers, musical entertainment and the occasional outing.
We also have a number of other activities taking place during the week at TBC. If you need help getting to them, we may be able to help you. Contact the group leaders to ask about this – read more on our TN10 page.
Getting around the building
- We have a fully tarmacked onsite car park with blue badge spaces by the front door. Those with limited mobility can also be dropped off at either entrance and our welcome team will assist them to their seat whilst the driver parks.
- our main worship room is on the ground floor, and the building is wheelchair accessible.
- All our entrances are accessible to wheelchairs, mobility scooters, walkers and prams. The door in Darenth requires the use of a portable slope which can be found in the disabled toilet.
- All rooms are accessible by wheelchair users.
- There is a lift to the first floor and to Derwent.
- We have three wheelchair accessible toilets, two on the ground floor and one on the first floor.
- Accessible toilets for limited mobility only (grab rails and higher seat) are available in the toilets in reception.
- Baby changing facilities are available in the creche (Dove), Cherwell and Tyne toilets.
- We welcome Assistance Dogs and are happy to provide them with water.
- We have a hearing loop on the main floor of the Worship Room – please speak to a Host on arrival to find out more. All speakers use microphones during Sunday services.
- All rooms have flexible seating and our Sunday hosts will happily rearrange seats in our services to accommodate wheelchairs and mobility scooters
- We are able to provide large print copies of our bulletin and any printed resources on request. Printed copies of the songwords are available from the Host team – if you require large print, or print on a different colour paper please ask and we will do our best to help.
- Our Aslan program, for children with additional needs runs on the first and third Sundays of each month.
If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call before your visit to discuss how we might be able to assist you.
For more information speak to