The Team lead Sunday Services in Maidstone Prison and facilitate the Prison Fellowship Sycamore Tree Restorative Justice Courses in Rochester and Thameside Prisons, giving hope to prisoners, that they can change and turn their lives around. They are members of Prison Fellowship, a charity which also enables volunteers to be prisoners’ pen pals, as well as providing gifts to prisoners’ children at Christmas through the Angel Tree Programme.
Who are we?
Chris Coverly leads a team from TBC, and other churches, who are members of Prison Fellowship and who have a vision for the support of Chaplains in local prisons. They seek to share the Gospel, as is possible, within the prison environment.
How is TBC supporting us?
- Occasional gifts for financing Sycamore Tree Courses and Angel Tree Gifts
- Welcoming ex-offenders into the church family
- Regularly featured in TBC GLOBAL
- For prisoners who are anxious, and suffering mental health problems, that the gospel can bring hope and new life
- For the prisoners who complete the 6 weeks of the Sycamore Tree Courses, that they are willing to participate and to find that their lives are turned around positively
- For the tutor and facilitators of the Courses, that they will have wisdom in delivering the Courses
- For prison staff (particularly chaplains) who are under continuous stress doing an essential service for the community