“And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.”
Jesus – Matthew 18:5
TBC offers a generous welcome to the children of Tonbridge. Whatever their background, they’ll find a safe place to come and play with each other. We passionately believe that Jesus speaks to and through children in a special way. So we get especially excited when He teaches the rest of us through them: using kids to multiply His mission.
0 – 11 years
On Sunday mornings we have fun-filled, God-centred, age-specific programmes for young children, moving on from childcare for babies to more structured activities. Each of our children’s groups has the highest health and safety standards, great leaders, and lots of fun. We also have a group for children with special educational needs. When there is a 5th Sunday in the month there will be a special event instead of children’s groups.
- Creche (0 – 2 Years) – Meeting in Dove next to the main church, this is a safe space where the very young can be looked after while their parents are at church.
- Adventurers (2 – 5 years) – Moving on from creche, with story time, singing, craft activities and open play, pre-schoolers have fun with their friends and learn about Jesus in Tyne & Mersey.
- Club Sunday (School years 1-6) – Club Sunday runs alongside our morning service, from 9:45am – 11:15am and includes a mix of physical activity, craft, singing, teaching, quizzes, prayer and small group time. Led by enthusiastic leaders, primary school children can learn about Jesus through craft and sport.
Open to all
Services themed around our families and Brigades groups are held several times a year during our morning service when we all meet together for a time of singing, praying and thinking about an aspect of God. Check our calendar for when these fall.
Monday (during term time)
Open to all
If you have a baby or pre-school child to care for, then join us every Monday morning in term time at 9:30 – 11:30. Meet new friends, have coffee and chat while the children play. Mums, dads, grandparents or carers – all are welcome.
Activities include toys, bikes, climbing frames and slides, craft, puzzles, a book corner, singing and instruments. There is also a safe baby area.
We can welcome 40 families at each session so please book in advance, either on our facebook page @littlestarswelcome, on our website or by calling the church office.
£2 per family includes refreshments.
Brigades @ TBC
Fridays during term time
School years 1 – 6
£25 per term
We believe that we learn the most through risk and curiosity. Brigades @ TBC provides a safe place to get children and young people together to learn and grow through fun activities. They’re empowered and challenged as they’re given responsibility appropriate to their age and ability. Meeting term time only.
- Anchor Boys and Girls – Years 1 – 3 meet from 4:45 to 6:15pm
- Junior Boys and Girls – Years 4 – 6 meet from 6:30 to 8pm
For more information about Brigades, contact the TBC office.
Holidays and Events
Throughout the year our Children’s teams run special events, including Christmas and End of Term parties, a Light Party, Holiday Club or Summer Fun during the summer holiday and a Children’s Weekend Away in the Spring.