“For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.”
Sustain is a community food bank run by TBC. It exists to express God’s love through providing emergency food supplies to local people experiencing a short term need. All the food items are donated by individuals or local groups, and distributed to recipients referred by front line care agencies. If you’d like to donate to Sustain, a list of the foods needed can be found below, and items can be left at reception.
Sustain Shopping List:
- Beakfast Cereals
- Tea & Coffee (small jars or refills)
- Long-life Milk
- Tinned Soup
- Baked Beans
- Tinned Pasta
- Tinned Meat Meals
- Jars of Pasta Sauce
- Tinned Veg-potatoes, sweetcorn,
- Peas & carrots
- Small Packs of Rice
- Tins/Cartons of Custard
- Tinned Rice Pudding
- Tinned Fruit
- Packets of Biscuits
- Hygiene products
At TBC we partner with several local supermarkets who donate food that has reached it’s ‘best before’ date, but is still good to eat. Not only is this providing food but it is also reducing waste. Help yourself – it’s completely free and available in our reception area each weekday.
To be fair to everyone we ask you to please observe the following:
- Food is available from 9:30am; there is no entry to the building before this time.
- One free reusable bag will be provided per person, please help us reduce waste by bringing this bag with you each time you come.
- One bag of food per person until 3:30pm – feel free to come back after that to see if there’s any left!
For more information about TBC’s TN10 community work speak to